Monday, September 21, 2009

Carrot and dill soup







I haven't seen Maureen and Don for 7 years... until Friday night!! They were going to visit family close by and found us on the map! Dinner and a visit it was!
We started with carrot and dill soup. I have my friend Wendy to thank for this one...


Heat 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat and cook 4 stalks of chopped celery 2 large chopped onions and 3 large cloves of minced garlic until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 lbs of chopped carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add 2 litres chicken stock and 1/2 cup of freshly chopped dill weed and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1/2 an hour. Use an imersion blender to puree. Heat and serve or freeze for a later date.
When I serve it I always add a little garnish from the herb garden... this time it was a sprig of lemon thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment