Saturday, August 15, 2009

The birthday dinner continued!




















Yes, you're right, the party is over and the dinner was tasty (according to Kyler and Jorja though, it didn't stack up to "Bob's" burgers)!


There was some more advance prep that took place before the dinner that I'll share with you.

I prepared the potato baskets earlier in the day...


On a box grater, grate 1 new potato for each basket. Assemble the shredded potato in the bottom of a 5 inch sieve that has been dipped in canola oil. Place another oil dipped sieve the same size on top of the potato and deep fry in canola oil until golen brown. I just used a small pot for the oil. They were reheated in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.


I sauteed fresh green beans from the market in a skillet with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Make sure they are quite crispy! I made a sauce with 2 tbsp butter, 1 minced shallot and 1/2 a squeezed lemon. I reheated the beans in the microwave then added the shallot butted just before serving.



The meat was removed from the marinate and left on the counter so it could be room temperature when cooked.
The salads were prepared and covered with plastic wrap. This is when you appreciate having a basement refrigerator! The dressing was added just before serving. I forgot to take a picture... oops!

We were all ready to go now...


Hor's doeurvres served and the courses began. I turned on the oven right after the soup was served.

The tenderloin was cooked for 35 minutes in a 325 degree oven. While the tenderloin rested covered with foil, I added the potato baskets to the oven, reheated the beans, the shallot sauce and the cream sauce for the tenderloin in the microwave. I sliced the meat quickly and plated the dinner on hot plates garnished with minced parsley and small pieces of seeded tomato. The whiskied cream sauce was the final addition to the plate and the main course was served. Whew! It was hot so I couldn't stop to take a picture!
Stay tuned!





















No comments:

Post a Comment